Sunday, April 7, 2013

3 Nephi 8


(May 26, 2010)
I have often been impressed by the fact that the righteous look within themselves while the wicked look for external causes.  Nephi talks of “our” wickedness when on the ship.  The Apostles ask “is it I” when they find someone will betray the Lord.  And here great destruction has taken place and the only ones left are the more righteous (some of whom were very righteous).  Yet they each cry out about their failings rather than others.  Oh that we had repented!  Oh that we had not slain the prophets!  I don’t think many of the people (if any) that actually, physically stoned the prophets survived the chaos of the death of Christ – but they still took the sins upon their own heads and accepted responsibility for their actions.  This is a trait that I would do well to emulate more in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment