Sunday, April 7, 2013

Micah 1-5


(April 2, 2013)
This is an interesting reading to me.  I am not sure if it was intentionally this way, or if it became this way because of the fact that I read five chapters together.  Either way, it is significant to me, though.

The first two chapters speak of the destruction of Israel and the awful consequences of sin.  Then, in a pivot right in the middle of the reading, we are introduced in the third chapter to the temple.

The temple is the centerpiece of this reading, and I believe that it needs to take a more central role in my life.  I certainly feel like I am facing calamities right now (yes, I don’t have to learn war any more, but that doesn’t make the current challenges I face any less real), and having the temple’s assistance in overcoming those challenges would be a great help.

No comments:

Post a Comment