Thursday, November 7, 2013

Alma 61-62

(November 3, 2013)
Pahoran is a great example here.  Moroni absolutely blasts him with his letter – accusing him of just about everything in the world.  Pahoran, though, does not get angry with Moroni.  He simply accepts that Moroni is a good man, and is making statements from his own experience.  They are wrong, but he doesn’t judge Moroni at all for them.  When things go wrong around me, I have been only too willing to look at other people and condemn them.  This is especially ironic since I am often the source of the problem in the first place.  I need to be more like Pahoran – to trust that those around me are children of God and doing their best (often far better than I am), and to change my approach to others in this fashion.  I have been a failure in this regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment