Wednesday, December 2, 2015

3 Nephi 13

(November 28, 2015)
                I was struck by the Lord’s statement that God knows we have physical needs.  That may be a common-sense proposition, but it made an impact with me today.  I think that sometimes I set things up as a false dichotomy at times – between renouncing physical needs (an impossibility) in order to focus on  the Lord or focusing on physical needs in a way that interferes with my relationship with the Lord.  Satan, I have discovered, loves to establish these traps where either option chosen leads to destruction.


                Of course, the secret is to not choose either option but to find the third.  Christ here teaches that option – we are not to renounce our physical needs but rather to call upon the Lord to meet those needs while we put Him first in our lives.  If we make serving God our priority, we can have faith that all of the other things that we need will be provided by Him.  Thus we don’t have to  renounce those things we need, but still don’t vary our focus on the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment