Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Doctrine and Covenants 111

(December 5, 2015)
                I wonder how many times this last verse is applicable to me.  How often have I been on my knees, begging for a blessing, and the Lord has been standing patiently waiting to give me the very blessing I needed, only delaying because I can’t yet receive it?

                Right now, there are some things that I am desperately craving from the Lord.  I can envision Him readying His angels, determined to provide all that I have asked for and more.  But He has advised these angels to wait until the time when I am ready to receive those blessings, and then (and only then) to provide them to me.


                It is a comforting thought, and one not that far off the mark, I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment