Thursday, November 7, 2013

Doctrine and Covenants 79-81

(November 7, 2013)
I have always felt like the Lord had a perfect plan for us.  So many things happen from countless small interactions along the way, and I see them being guided by a master plan (or the Master’s plan, if you will).  That is why the comment from the Lord here that the missionary could not go amiss regardless of which way he chose seemed so odd to me.  If he went north instead of south, that would lead to countless changes that would dramatically shift the makeup of the world (this person is converted while that person is not, leading to different people marrying, different children, and all of their different interactions).

Does this mean that it really didn’t matter?  I don’t know.  I guess I think that it means he could not go amiss because his end choice was known to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment