Saturday, June 14, 2014

3 Nephi 28-30

(June 8, 2014)
I used to wonder about the choice of the Three Nephites – not that they made it, but rather why it was commendable.  After all, it sounds pretty good to be able to live forever (essentially) and just go around doing good all the time.  But as I get a little older, I realize just what a sacrifice they were making.  I must admit that I am, to a certain extent, looking forward to passing through to the other side of the Veil and leaving portions of the struggles of mortality behind.  I am looking forward to the rest that comes from departing the chaos of this mortal world.  Not that I plan on leaving any time soon (and I hope to stay for a long time), but rather that when my time comes I won’t be sad to go – and I don’t think that I would want to stick around for a millennium to get to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment