Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mormon 5

(June 14, 2014)
Two thoughts struck me powerfully in this chapter – one at the beginning of the chapter and a second at the end.  At the beginning of the chapter, I was struck by the language of Mormon speaking of the people struggling, but struggling in vain, because they would not call upon the Lord.  I couldn’t help but think of the countless times I had been in the same position – perhaps not struggling for my life, but struggling nonetheless.  And yet, even in those positions, I didn’t call on the Lord the way that I should have.  And worse, even now, I see the biggest challenge that I am facing and I am not calling on the Lord to help me the way that I should.  I recognize my failures and the difficulties inherent in this task, so why am I reluctant to call upon the Lord?  Of course, I sadly know the answer to that question.

The second thought that I had was on the fall of the Gentiles.  I think we are seeing that coming about before our very eyes.  The post-modern, deconstruction society that exists among the Gentiles now is a society that seems to be ripening for destruction (even in the Church).  We are a society that truly does not know that we are in the Hands of God.  I don’t know what form it will take, but I would not be surprised to see this happen in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment