Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mosiah 13-14

(March 3, 2014)
There is both condemnation and comfort for me in these chapters.  The condemnation is in Abinidi’s rebuke of the wicked high priests – they had studied and taught iniquity most of their lives.  While I have strived to do what is right, any objective review of my life has to come to the conclusion that I too have studied and taught iniquity most of my life as well.  But the comfort comes in the result of Abinidi’s preaching.  Although most in the situation of hearing Abinidi hardened their hearts and turned even further against God, Alma provided that even in this corrupt and wicked state it was possible to turn towards God when the time came that you are called to repentance.  I hope that, like Alma, that can be my response as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment