Friday, December 13, 2013

Mormon 5

(December 13, 2013)
Mormon condemns those who do not repent of their iniquities, but instead struggle for their lives without calling upon the Being that created them.  But in my current situation, I am pleading with the Being that created me while I struggle for my “life.”  I am fighting to repent of my iniquities, and I am pleading for support.  I feel it, from time to time, but the hope is fleeting while the pain is unending.  I don’t know how to carry my load like this.

There were those whose flight was slower than the Lamanites, who were cut down.  The massacre happened across the land, with a scene of bloodshed and carnage.  I feel like that is an apt metaphor for my life at this moment.  I am being cut down on the left and the right.  I cannot consolidate my gains because I am being hurt so quickly and so much.  I call upon the Being that created me, but I fear lest the overrunning of Jordan in my life is just around the corner and I am incapable of holding it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment