Friday, June 26, 2015

Mormon 2

(June 11, 2015)
                There comes a point where each of us come face-to-face with the reality that we will not always be able to take happiness in our sins.  Perhaps I indict myself with this, but that point came for me at least.  I expect each of us has the habit, vice, or personality trait that we find happiness in even though it is sinful.  The day will come, however, when we will be forced to recognize the reality that the behavior is wicked because it inevitably leads to unhappiness – we may mask or hide it for a time, but it will eventually destroy our happiness if we don’t control it.

                Though I was forced into that position myself, I consider myself blessed that the Lord did not let go of me even then.  Though I was brought to the point where I knew that I could not always take happiness in sin, when I reached that place the Lord’s mercy and continued Grace blessed me to know that happiness was still available to me in righteousness.


                Maybe better men than me could have learned that lesson in advance.  But it took me being brought to that point before I realized it.  Still, I am so grateful that at that point I didn’t turn away from the Lord (as the Nephites did here), but rather turned towards Him and found His mercy was great enough to save even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment