Monday, June 24, 2013

Acts 9

(June 24, 2013)
Each time in the past that I have read this chapter I have focused on the experiences of Paul and his conversion.  But as I read it this time, I was fascinated by Ananias.  Clearly Ananias must have been a righteous man, as the Lord set him to be the one through which the Lord would miraculously restore Paul’s sight.  Ananias was one who was righteous enough to receive a visitation and an assignment from the Lord.

And yet, when that assignment came, Ananias was still concerned.  He expressed his concerns to the Lord and asked for reassurance from Him as to what he should do.  When he received that reassurance, he went and obeyed.

I think that there is a lesson here for us.  When we are called upon to work in the name of the Lord, there is no fault in us for questioning and expressing our concerns to the Lord in prayer or our leaders in the Church.  Sometimes I think we are hesitant to do so, but Ananias shows that it is no sin.  But, like Ananias, we must also be prepared to obey – even should the Lord’s answer to us be nothing more than that He knows our concern and still wants us to obey anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment