Monday, December 9, 2013

Doctrine and Covenants 115-117

(December 9, 2013)
I was struck by the Lord’s language on building the temple after the pattern than He established.  I dwelt on it for a while, and it hit me that many of my problems could be because I was building my “temple” (my life) after a pattern different than His pattern.  I was trying to make of my life the best that I could manage, but the Lord didn’t say to build a nice temple.  Or even a glorious temple.  He said to build the temple after the pattern that He established.

I have a large number of short and long-term goals that I am working towards.  I am struggling to find my footing at work and at home.  I feel I am doing my absolute best, but I seem to be spinning my wheels.  I suppose my thoughts need to be on whether I am trying to build the best temple that I can (by my limited understanding) and how I can build my temple after the pattern shown by the Lord.  I suppose the next step will be to examine each of my goals that I have set and to determine whether they need to be altered or changed in order to make them consistent with the Lord’s pattern.  I did that to a minor extent (taking off a couple of things that shouldn’t have been goals), but I need to open myself up to revelation and deal and prayerfully consider those goals going forward.

I need to desire to have my life built in the way that He would have it built, rather than the way that I would have in built.  Because I have made a mess of my own life.  I suppose that will require me to humble myself to accomplish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment