Monday, December 30, 2013

Moroni 8

(December 29, 2013)
Sometimes I feel like I get almost as much out of the way the scriptures are written as I do from the scriptures themselves.  The doctrines are profound and life-altering, but the way that the authors of the scriptures formulate their thoughts gives me an insight into how the prophets of old thought about the world around them and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

For example, the tie between the remission of sins bringing meekness and lowliness of heart is something that I have seen over and over.  I would not think in my mind that the two were naturally linked.  But the more I walk the road of repentance, the more I realize that they are very closely linked.  It is a natural result of being forgiven – when I receive forgiveness, and I brought into greater and greater awareness of the love and majesty of God and His great kindness to me as an unworthy child.  The more I direct my attention there, the more I recognize who I am in relation to Him.  This brings meekness and lowliness of heart as surely as night follows day.

No comments:

Post a Comment