Monday, December 16, 2013

Doctrine and Covenants 127

(December 15, 2013)
One of the great worries in my life is just how little persecution that I face in my attempts to follow the Gospel of Christ.  I don’t want persecution – on the contrary, I am quite glad that I don’t have to suffer through it.  But its absence worries me.  Should I be drawing conclusions from the fact that I am rarely (if ever) called upon to suffer persecution for obedience to the Gospel?  Does that mean that I am so weak that the Lord could not expose me to persecution, or I am so far astray that the Adversary feels no need to attack me?  I hope, in the pride of my heart, that I am not subject to such persecution because I am striving to be obedient even without it – but I fear that it is because of my weakness that the Lord withholds it from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment