Sunday, December 1, 2013

Doctrine and Covenants 94-95

(November 20, 2013)
I think we underestimate just how significant contention is in our lives.  After all, Christ Himself declared that contention in the School of the Prophets was grievous to Him.  I think the reason why contention is so grievous to Him is that contention by its very nature seeks to impose its will on others.  One simply does not contend if one does not seek unrighteous dominion.  After all, why do I need to yell at someone else other than to make them do what I want them to do?  And if I leave them to their stewardship, I may attempt to teach or uplift or enlighten them if I see better things for them or I desire them to achieve more.  But once I contend with them, I am in effect saying that what they are doing is no longer good enough for me and they must do more for my sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment