Thursday, August 7, 2014

2 Kings 7

(August 7, 2014)
                I think that there is a valuable lesson to be learned in this chapter.  How many times have we received promises of gifts from the Lord through His mouth or the words of His prophets?  How often do we find ourselves, like the servant of the king, doubting these words and questioning how the Lord can fulfill those promises?

                When these promises come, do we have the faith of the lepers?  Or do we openly rebel, like the servant?  Or are we more like the great middle who resided in Israel until proof arose that the prophet was correct?  I would hope, in my life, that I would hear the words of Elisha and make my way to the camp of the Syrians and like the lepers receive the bounty that the Lord had prepared for me (or, at the very least, be among the great middle that survive thanks to the prophet’s words).


                One last point that seems very interesting to me is that the lepers trusted Elisha because they had no other hope.  I have seen that in my own life.  My trust in the Lord has increased as I have been placed in a position where I had no choice but to trust Him because there existed no other hope for me.  Now, having had experience in trusting Him, I find myself better able to trust Him even as I am stabilizing my life.  I am being cured of my leprosy, but at the same time I am not forgetting that the words of Elisha are true and following them.

No comments:

Post a Comment