Tuesday, August 12, 2014

2 Nephi 32-33

(August 12, 2014)
                Both of these chapters highlight the importance and power of prayer.  If there is one element of my life that I have struggled with, it is prayer.  You wouldn’t think that I would have such a problem with it, as the Lord has been so kind to me and answered so many of my prayers.  But yet, I struggle to remember to pray, and to pray with the proper intensity.  The only comfort I take is that I am in good company in that respect, as I feel much like the brother of Jared.

                I don’t think it is an accident that we are commanded to pray always and not perform anything unto the Lord without first praying.  And if we have consecrated our lives unto Him, then are we not always doing everything (even our recreation) unto the Lord?  And therefore, shouldn’t we be praying before each and every thing that we do?  I think that is right, and yet I still struggle to say my morning and evening prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment