Thursday, February 12, 2015

Lamentations 3-5

(February 12, 2015)
                One of the best things I ever did in my life was to establish my scripture reading schedule.  Once I established it and demonstrated that I would stick to it, the Lord has used that schedule to teach me over and over again the things that He would have me learn.  I would find that so often my reading in the Book of Mormon would completement my reading in the Bible, or vice versa, and that was always a blessing to me when that occurred.

                But, even more than that, I found that the Lord would teach me the lessons that I needed to know based upon where I am in the scriptures.  Sometimes, like today, I would receive a thought or experience over and over again, only to have it solidified when I read that same idea in the scriptures.  Or, sometimes the scriptures gave me the idea or preparation to properly interpret what I would experience during the day or coming days.

                I have been having, over the past 24 hours or so, the constant reminder that the Lord is enough.  I have been making further changes in my life that threaten to propel me forward in meaningful and beneficial ways, but I have been concerned that I maintain a firm understanding that despite the positive changes I am making in my life it is the Lord that is in charge.  I am learning to let go of my goals and focus on my actions (leaving the bigger picture, once considered, to the Lord for Him to do as He wishes).

                Shortly before reading in my scriptures today, I sat thinking on this very subject – how the Lord is all that I need.  When I accept that fact, and when I can properly sacrifice all other concerns to Him, then I can find a place of peace permanently because all other plans and goals may turn to dust (or, as is even more common, I may achieve them and yet find that I remain unfulfilled) but He will always remain with me so long as I welcome and surrender to Him.  Thus if He becomes all that I need, I can find permanent peace.


                With this thinking in mind, I read Lamentations 3 and found a reiteration of the very thoughts that I have been having about the subject – confirming unambiguously to me that these thoughts were of the Lord and represented what I need to be working on right now.  The scriptures are such a blessing in how they affect our lives, if we are willing to allow them to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment