Monday, October 12, 2015

Doctrine and Covenants 44-45

(October 10, 2015)
                I won’t deny the fact that the fabric of our society seems to be coming unwound.  Identity politics almost demands that neighbor be set against neighbor in the victimhood Olympics.  It has almost reached a point where it is difficult to make it if you are unwilling to participate in this farce (put in other words, it is almost as though you need to flee if you are unwilling to take up a ‘sword’ against your neighbor).


                The comforting fact through this is that we know and understand that we can flee to Zion as the society becomes worsened, and those of us in Zion will not need to take up our sword against our neighbor.  I am, to be honest, in a bit of a unique position in this regard – I have had the ‘sword’ of identity politics used against me in particularly destructive ways.  But, in the end, by fleeing to Zion (symbolically, of course) I have found the strength to survive despite what has happened to me and, probably more importantly, without returning sword for sword or allowing myself to become a victim of what was done to me in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment