Sunday, April 7, 2013

3 Nephi 2-3


(May 21, 2010)
These chapters (particularly chapter 2) seems focused on two things – the curse of the Lamanites and blindness.  As we know from the scriptures, skin coloration was not the curse of the Lamanites.  The skin coloration was only to act to separate the two peoples from each other.  Instead, the curse of the Lamanites was the curse of idleness.

In my life right now, I have an overwhelming amount of this curse.  There are, of course, some reasons for that.  These reasons are mostly excuses, however.  In addition, I cannot help but believe that I have an overwhelming supply of blindness in my life also.  I ascribe to technology or good fortune or a culmination of events what I should ascribe to Divine Providence or blessings.  I take both of those things to mean that I need an increase in the vigor in which I am accepting the Atonement so I can remove this curse and this blindness from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment