Sunday, April 7, 2013

Amos 9


(March 31, 2013)
I don’t believe in coincidences (I am familiar with large numbers and the math, but I think they are far more likely communications than arbitrary chance – another thing I don’t believe in), but I do believe that what we perceive as a coincidence deserves heightened scrutiny, since it is often the Lord’s mechanism for gathering our attention, repeating important messages, or similar forms of teaching.

With that in mind, my attention was focused when I realized that I was reading a scripture on gathering immediately after having a lesson on the gathering in Sunday School.  Unfortunately I could not discern what I was supposed to learn.  It wasn’t until later that I remembered that I didn’t take that question directly to the Lord – I prayed to understand at the beginning, but when the lesson or connection eluded me I didn’t go back to the Lord for clarification.

No comments:

Post a Comment