Sunday, April 7, 2013

Haggai 1


(April 7, 2013)
I think that the same lesson that Haggai was teaching here is one that applies today.  When we seek material things in life, we often find those material things are ephemeral.  Even if we manage to keep a grip on them, they don’t serve to satisfy or to bring happiness.  And I think the solution presented by Haggai is also one that is applicable – if we honor the temple, and serve there, we will find that we have enough.  We can eat and be full, drink and be sated.

The other thought I had was how much what we accomplish in life is a result of the will of the Lord.  I have felt I have received temporally more than my efforts would deserve.  I live in a fantastic house with just about everything I could want.  All of this is the belongings of someone far more temporally accomplished than I am.  I have often felt uneasy about all of this, but I think I should recognize it for what it is – a gift from the Lord – and approach it with thanksgiving rather than trepidation.

No comments:

Post a Comment