Sunday, September 22, 2013

Doctrine and Covenants 12-13

(September 21, 2013)
The Lord’s statement of what is necessary to assist in the work does not encourage me.  “And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care.”  I feel like I have been adequately compelled to be humble, and I feel like I am temperate in all things.  But right now I am not filled with much hope as I struggle through my difficulties, even though I still have faith.  Perhaps my faith is weaker than I think, since it is not leading to the hope promised.  But it seems clear that I am not in a position to be qualified to carry out the work of the Lord at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment