Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Revelation 6-8

(September 4, 2013)
This is a recurring wonder for me – why is it that the Saints will cry from the dust asking why the Lord will not avenge them?  Why would they not be patient with the Lord and exercise charity towards their brothers and sisters and hope that some (or all) of them might be redeemed?  I certainly fall short daily in my attempts to follow the example of Christ, and while I would like to call myself His disciple, I realize at the same time I have a fair amount of (metaphorical) blood on my hands.  I am grateful that the Lord has chosen to grant me time to repent and put my life in order.  I would think that the Saints would understand this and would not be crying for revenge and justice, but rather for mercy.

What about this don’t I understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment