Sunday, April 5, 2015

Habakkuk 1-3

(April 5, 2015)
                I admit to understanding somewhat how Habakkuk feels about the wicked destroying the righteous and his confusion as to how the Lord allows it.  I am in a situation right now where my life is still being turned upside down by the wicked actions of another (whether brought about by genuine evil or mental illness, the results are the same).  I continue to remain in a position of stasis – unable to move forward in the way that I want (and I view my desires as righteous), because of the remnants of previous lies and deceptions.

                But the reality is that those who seek to hurt us can’t – none of them can.  The Chaldeans cannot hurt Israel, and those (both those working against me and those who are doing their best but are misled by the deception) who impact my life cannot hurt me, either.  The reality is that the Chaldeans only could destroy Israel because the Lord loved Israel and wanted Israel destroyed.  Likewise, those in my life only have power to hurt me because the Lord gives them that power, and only because the Lord loves me.


                I may not have been guilty of the things that I have been accused of falsely, but I have certainly made enough mistakes in my life to deserve the chastening of the Lord in whatever way He chooses to give it to me.  To quote Micah again, “I will bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against hi, until he plead my cause.”  I can bear any indignation because though I might not be guilty of what I am accused of I have still sinned against God, and if I bear patiently He will ultimately plead my cause and if “he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness” then it all certainly will be worthwhile.  I am not oppressed by others any more than Israel was conquered by the Chaldeans.  The Lord chastened Israel, and he is chastening me, and I am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment