Monday, May 26, 2014

3 Nephi 6

(May 24, 2014)
It is tempting to return railing for railing, and turning the other cheek is one of the most painful things that I have to do in my life.  I, at times, feel as though no one in the world listens to my thoughts.  I am constantly being the one having pressure placed upon me to change in this way or that, and while this happens I have no mechanism for bringing about change in my situation.  I do not understand how to function when I am in a situation where I am to be criticized, but even to argue in my defense is to escalate the situation.  Instead, I am obligated to bite my tongue.

It is hard, and I often wonder how to manage under these conditions.  The one thing that I continue to believe is that the Lord understands my heart and my actions.  The day will come when the railing that I have endured will be answered by Him, and I will kneel at His feet and know that He has heard me and will judge me fairly.

No comments:

Post a Comment