Monday, May 19, 2014

Deuteronomy 31

(May 18, 2014)
At times, at this stage of my life, I feel frustration as I attempt to do things and find my best efforts falling short.  I have put forth significant efforts in things that will never see the light of day, and which I must now admit have been nothing but failures (excepting that they taught me, which I suppose is purpose enough).  I understand, because of that, how difficult it must have been for Moses to see all of his work destined to fail.  Can you imagine working and struggling for 40 years to develop the people of the Lord, only to have the Lord tell you at your death that the people would fall away and be lost and turn to idolatry and wickedness?  Could you have faulted Moses if he wondered what it had all been for?

No comments:

Post a Comment