Monday, May 19, 2014

Helaman 6

(May 11, 2014)
It is uncomfortable to read about the poor and the meek being trampled upon, and how that is a sign of the wicked taking over the government.  I see a government now that tramples on the poor in the very name of caring for the poor.  I see the meek and the righteous being condemned for not bowing to iniquity.  Perhaps that has always been the case, and I am just now recognizing it, but I feel we are leaving a golden age when it was far easier to live according to the commandments because of the social structure in place.  I am grateful to have had the opportunity to live through such a time (though I might wish that I had not squandered it the way that I did), and I worry that my children and grandchildren won’t get the same opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment