Monday, May 19, 2014

Deuteronomy 24-25

(May 14, 2014)
My thoughts as I read this chapter were on obedience, and the need for strict obedience.  The Mosaic Law counseled perfect and just weights.  This was to the individual detriment of each person who followed it – if they amended their weights they could gain advantage.  But if everyone were strictly obedience, then society as a whole (and the individuals thereby) would gain a dramatic benefit.

This, to me, is the same as the benefits of strict obedience.  Perhaps I could enjoy a few more things in my life if I were not strictly obedient to the Gospel and my Priesthood leaders.  But if we all work together, we will be able to accomplish so much more in building the Kingdom of God that it will make the tiny bit of freedom lost (if freedom truly is lost by willing obedience) more than overcome by the profound benefits gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment