Monday, May 19, 2014

Deuteronomy 22-23

(May 13, 2014)
Many will condemn the Mosaic Law (believe me, I hear it frequently as I discuss the Church), and consider Moses the “Terror Prophet.”  But for his time, Moses was quite forward thinking – a result, I believe, of his understanding of the Lord’s love for us.  I mean forward thinking, of course, in the true understanding of the phrase and not in the way it is used today (forward thinking does not equal liberalism).  Moses understood law, but he also understood exception to that law.  He understood that people could fall from a roof, and so protection should be offered.  He understood that women could be overpowered, but also that they could lie to save their lives.  Thus the Mosaic Law dealt with each in a way that addressed correctly the bulk of the circumstances that might arise.  Far from Moses being a Terror Prophet, Moses was clearly inspired of the Lord in revealing His law to the people of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment