Thursday, May 1, 2014

Deuteronomy 4

(May 1, 2014)
As I write, I am becoming more and more strongly influenced by the desire to pass on my experiences and my testimony to my children and my children’s children.  I have been very much blessed to have received a number of spiritual experiences that have demonstrated to me that the secular world is not all that there is.  I still doubt (why should I doubt), but that doubt is not a rational response but rather an emotional fear that I am able to strangle as I recount the experiences in my life that led me to the testimony that I have today.  It is my hope, in part, that these writings serve a similar role for my posterity.

And speaking of secularism, I was struck by the language of idolatry and worshiping the sun, moon, and stars.  I think that our modern secularism is very much similar to the nature-worship in ages past.  There are those who look to the creation to find meaning and purpose, and do so in order to avoid accepting the commandments of the Creator.  The Sun will not ask you to repent, while the Son constantly invites to you repent.  Atheism, agnosticism, and material determinism are all varying forms of this nature-worship (establishing nature as the eternal, and our creator).

No comments:

Post a Comment