Thursday, January 22, 2015

1 Nephi 19

(January 17, 2015)
                Considering the amount of time that I have spent and continue to spend on my journal, scriptural references to the practice of journal-keeping always catch my eye.  And, in fact, what is scripture except a journal – the testimony of a first-hand witness of the Hand of the Lord being revealed in the lives of the believers.


                I have often wondered why I have been blessed in my life to have witnessed the miracles that I have witnessed.  I have come up with a number of excuses or rationalizations for why the Lord has blessed me the way that He has.  But one that comes back to my mind over and over again is the thought that the Lord has shown me so many miracles because I will write about them in my journal, and the Lord will then be able to bless others’ lives by blessing mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment