Thursday, January 1, 2015

Isaiah 42

(January 1, 2015)
                If there is something that serves as a greater miracle than helping the blind to see, I don’t know what it is.  I have gone through the process of clearing my life of self-deception (and I am certain I have a long way to go, although for obvious reasons I am not aware of where I am continuing to be self-deceiving), and this has taught me of what a tragedy the simply phrase ‘we don’t know what we don’t know’ can be.  We are blind to our mistakes, and we aren’t even aware of these blind spots.

                Causing the blind to see, in my opinion, is really an extension of the promise of Ether 12:27.  That is the most priceless way that we are blessed to be given sight.  It is something that I see in others more than myself (again, for the obvious reason that I don’t know what I don’t know), but I can see certain people who don’t know what they don’t know and this blindness is destroying their lives.  Continuing to clear away this blindness in myself is a great challenge of mortality and a grand blessing from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment