Thursday, January 1, 2015

Isaiah 37-39

(December 30, 2014)
                I expect (although I cannot, of course, truly judge) that Hezekiah received an eternal reward.  That brings some comfort, especially when we see him as having made a pretty egregious (if honest) mistake in showing the wealth of Israel to others.  One of my great fears is the mistake that I don’t know is a mistake – I have proven to myself too many times that I can be blind, that I worry that I will do something wrong and bring about bad consequences.


                I think that is a temporal thing, and I think we are obligated to do the best we can, but even with a righteous man like Hezekiah it is possible to make an important mistake and still be found useful in the sight of the Lord.  That is something that gives us each hope when we try to become the best persons we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment