Monday, January 12, 2015

Isaiah 62-63

(January 10, 2015)

                There are times, as I struggle with dealing with myself and my mistakes and the evil and anger and hatred of others, that I feel genuinely alone.  I see help surrounding and supporting my tormentors – help that I feel should be there for me as I try to do the right thing.  But, as these chapters demonstrate, we are never alone in the way the Lord was alone.  He looked around and there was none there with Him.  No one – not even the Father – was with Him in the end.  No matter how alone I feel, and no matter how abandoned things seem, I am never alone the way He was alone because He is always with me.  Rather than sulk on my circumstances, I need to remember and be grateful that He is there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment