Monday, January 12, 2015

Isaiah 65-66

(January 12, 2015)
                When I was a little, little child I would lay out all of my Hot Wheels cars and put together massive races.  I’d inch cars forward one at a time – the coolest looking cars always taking the lead, of course.  I would take a large amount of time setting up the races and the track, but now I cannot even remember any of the winners or even what more than a few of my cars looked like despite them being so important to me once upon a time.

                I thought of that when I read of the new Earth and new Heaven and the former not even being remembered or coming to mind.  In as little time as around 30 years something so important to me once upon a time almost completed faded and but for the scripture bringing it forward I likely could have gone my life without remembering it.  I expect there are other things of similar importance to the younger version of me that I have completely forgotten about never to again consider in mortality.


                This is a comforting thought, because so long as we clean up our mistakes the time will eventually arrive when we are able to let go and forget about all of the things that bother us so much today, of all the things that are so important to us, and so forth.  When the new Heaven and new Earth are brought about, we will likely view our greatest challenges of the day and our grandest triumphs or our greatest failures as nothing more than a Hot Wheels track set up.  This, to my mind, is a comforting doctrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment