Tuesday, August 13, 2013

2 Nephi 29

(August 10, 2013)
What is our appropriate debt of obligation to the Jews?  Clearly, according to the words of the Lord in this chapter, we owe a debt to the Jews.  Is it enough to merely remember the trials and travails and labors of the Jews?  If that is the case, then that is something that is certainly possible to do.  But is there more thankfulness required?  It goes to show how many blessings that we receive, both from the Lord and from others, that we are not grateful for in the way that we should be.  I have never in my life, before this moment, even thought about the suffering of the Jews and their sacrifices to give me a record that served to both convince me of Christ and lead Joseph Smith to pray in the Sacred Grove.  That is a failing on my part – I should be grateful to them for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment