Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hebrews 2-5

(August 19, 2013)
As I talk with others in this world, I begin to understand just how difficult it is to ever truly understand anyone other than myself.  I lack common experiences and beliefs that change my perceptions of the world around me.  I think things that seem ridiculous to those around me, and their beliefs are often equally ridiculous to me.  It isn’t that I am any better or worse than those I speak with, but rather that we have such differences in our lives and personalities and experiences that we have trouble seeing eye-to-eye – even with those closest to me.

This, of course, makes it all the more remarkable that Christ can perfectly understand us.  He has committed no sin, and yet He understands our sins and our need for repentance.  He has had no failure, and yet He can help to pick us up from our failures and urge us on to future success.  He is perfect and yet He understands us in our imperfections.  Truly this is a remarkable thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment