Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hebrews 12

(August 23, 2013)
I feel like a failure reading this chapter.  It is like a light switch flipped, as I thought about Paul's words concerning the hands which hang down and the feeble knees.  Is it not possible (even likely) that they are struggling through the weight of trials in order for the Lord through His chastening of them to perfect them in Him?  And, by a kind word or deed, could I not help them to bear those burdens and continue onward until the lesson is learned?  Why don't I?  Is it because I think they deserve it, or that I think it is none of my business?

I am ashamed, and I don't even have any particular experiences in mind as I think of it.  I just know that I have not been the person I should have been in helping out those around me.  Can I not now, learning from this, be better at being a source of strength to those around me?  I feel like I am explaining this poorly, but that is because it is as much an emotion and a sense as it is a rational thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment