Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mosiah 4

(August 25, 2013)
Sometimes I think we have a view on the commandments that strays far too close to "eat, drink, and be merry."  We think that, since the Atonement is infinite and the Father loves us, we will (eventually) be taken up to Him where He is and share in His eternal destiny for us.  King Benjamin shows us his disagreement with that approach in this chapter.  What will not achieve Exaltation by accident.  If we are to achieve the eternal destiny provided by a Son who submitted in all things, we must through continual effort become sons who will submit in all things.  I certainly don't feel that I am there yet, and I have a long way to go before I reach that state.  Hopefully, the Lord willing, I will be able to reach that point where I can truly bend my knee to Father in all ways and in all things.  Then, and only then, will I be worthy of the reward that He has to give to His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment