Thursday, August 1, 2013

Galatians 4-6

(August 1, 2013)
All too often, I find myself like a pendulum missing the mark on Paul’s teachings – going too far first one way, and then the other.  I either excuse my failures as unimportant because of my belief that I am trying to serve God or condemn myself on account of those same failures.  Instead I need to find the point where Paul teaches in these chapters.  We seek constantly to love those around us and act accordingly.  We don’t need to worry about engaging in particular actions or avoiding particular actions, but this privilege only applies when we are filled with the love of God and love for our neighbor.  When we have this love, even our mistakes which we make while under this motivation will be magnified for our gain and the gain of those around us.  When we are not filled with this love, our best efforts will fail to accomplish our goals and will rebound to our hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment