Thursday, August 22, 2013

Enos 1

(August 18, 2013)
Usually my thoughts, as I read this chapter, are on the fact that Enos was prompted by the words of his father – which means that his father’s words, though Jacob may have thought them ignored, eventually worked their way up to Enos in his time of need.  I think to myself of the importance of giving those words to our children so that they will be there when our children need them.

But today, as I read, I pondered the prayer of Enos.  How, after he had received a remission of his sins, he didn’t stop there.  Sometimes (oftentimes, really) I pray for a remission of my sins and when I feel the application of the Atonement of Christ I am thrilled – but I almost don’t pause after my prayer for anything other than gratitude before I finish.  Here Enos sets a better example for me.  When his sins are forgiven, he immediately sets his sights on those around him (those he loves and his enemies) and seeks out their salvation as well.  I need to better emulate that in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment