Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mosiah 11

(August 30, 2013)
The highlight of this chapter seemed to be laziness.  In fact, Mormon really goes out of his way here to point out how incredibly lazy these wicked men are.  This, one would imagine, was not told out of a narrative flair but rather because we have something to learn from this.  The most obvious answer, of course, is that these men weren’t just lazy because they were wicked – they were wicked because they were lazy.  And in my life I have somewhat seen the same thing – those times when I am not required to work hard are those times when I am at distance from the Lord.  On the other hand, when I am diligently working on something I find that my spiritual strength tends to increase (along with other strengths).

No comments:

Post a Comment