Thursday, January 9, 2014

1 Nephi 9-10

(January 9, 2014)
The conclusion to chapter 10 is a powerful one.  It includes both a warning and a promise.  The warning is explicit – if we do wickedly we drive ourselves out of the presence of God forever.  But the promise is even greater than the warning – all who diligently seek the Lord shall find Him.  As I struggle to develop my faith, I must recognize that my weaknesses and deficiencies in faith are a moral failing, because if I had been sufficiently diligent in seeking the Lord, my faith would be strong because I would have found Him.  But, by the same token, as I now reorient my life to diligently seek Him and build my faith, I can have the confidence that comes from this promise that my efforts are not in vain and I will find Him if I continue diligently.

No comments:

Post a Comment