Thursday, January 30, 2014

2 Nephi 11-12

(January 30, 2014)
Reading through these chapters (particularly Chapter 12), I had reinforced to me something that I have been thinking of over the past several days.  I simply do not know how to worship.  The qualities of my prayers are such that it is as if I am praying to a composite of one part Santa Clause, one part grandpa, and one part drinking buddy (of course, the drink would have to be soda, considering).  No where in my prayers am I praying to the Almighty God.

I am the kind of man that Isaiah is condemning in this scripture.  I am full of pride, stiffnecked idolatrous, and haughty.  I don’t know how to be any other way – I don’t understand how to worship.  I know that I need to be humble (or humbled), but beyond that I need to learn more of Him so that I can worship Him, and learn more of worship.

These past two days or so have given me some idea of just how far I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment