Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Book of Mormon Title Page; Introduction; Testimony of the Three Witnesses; Testimony of the Eight Witnesses

(January 1, 2014)
The symmetry of the Book of Mormon struck me as I read the Title Page.  There it is, right in the very beginning, that a purpose of this book is to have us pondering the mercies of the Lord towards those who went before us.  And we know from Moroni 10 that we must ponder in our hearts how merciful the Lord has been to the children of men.  The Book of Mormon gives us the tools that we need in order to fulfill Moroni’s promise.

I have gone through that process before – first when I was 18, and then several times since then.  But I am learning that conversion is a lifelong process – I was given a witness that the Book of Mormon was true, and as I live up to the teachings of it I feel invited to return to the book and again follow Moroni’s promise to gain a strengthened testimony.  This strengthened testimony will help me to better live up to the teaching found therein, and by so doing I will open myself up for a better witness in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment