Monday, January 27, 2014

Genesis 5-7

(January 27, 2014)
I am seeing a great deal of discussion around about whether the flood was a global flood or a local flood (or, even, a semi-global flood – imagine if the rain was sufficient to raise the ocean water levels by the 26 feet or so).  While I don’t propose to know what happed, what was necessary to happen theologically, or even what the record shows to have happened scientifically, I don’t have a care in the world about that.  Because, while I don’t know what happened, I don’t think that in the Day of Judgment there is going to be a test on that particular portion of the Noah story.  We are not going to be asked, ‘When the Lord flooded the Earth, what was the volume of water released, where did it come from, and was Mt. Everest completely covered?’  We are going to be asked, ‘When the Lord called you, as Noah was called, did you obey, like Noah obeyed?’

No comments:

Post a Comment