Thursday, January 2, 2014

Testimony of Joseph Smith; Brief Explanation of the Plates

(January 2, 2014)
The thing that stuck with my mind as I read this was on the fact that Moroni was resurrected.  I know we all know that, but it answers a question I have long had – but I never put two and two together before.  We hear how the spirits look at the loss of their physical bodies as a bondage, and I can understand how difficult it must be to go from being an active participant in mortality to being a passive spectator.  I wondered just how long it would take for us to reach the point where we would be able to claim our immortality through the Atonement and be resurrected.

I have no answer for me, but at least for Moroni the answer is something less than 1,402 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment