Monday, February 3, 2014

2 Nephi 15-17

(February 1, 2014)
As I read through these chapters, it struck me just how very proud I am.  I cannot imagine myself, at this point, being so overwhelmed by God’s presence that I would call out “Wo is unto me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips; and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips.”  And yet, I a beginning to understand just how unclean I am, how little I know, how wretched that I truly am.  I am struggling to resolve this.

I have been so proud for so long that I have forgotten (or, perhaps, never truly learned) how to worship.  I don’t know how to give praise to God that He truly deserves (or, at least, to the limit of my meager capacity to do so).  I want to be the type of man who can do that – I truly want to learn to worship God – and it is my hope that this desire is sufficient to allow the Father to work past my pettiness and pride and failures to teach me how to worship Him, to pray to Him, and to learn of Him as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment